News Website Layouts for Inspiration




Week 2 - Research


I've looked more into the possible design of my website and what I may want it to look like. I found it helpful looking on Pinterest as I found a lot of appealing designs of a whole homepage. All the designs I found have elements that I really like and will use as inspiration when it comes to sketching out some ideas. They are all really clean, look nice but are also easy to navigate and read. I found it interesting how most of them use 3 collums, so i might design my website with 3 or 6 collums to start off with. I also really like their use of colour, imagery and shapes as they've used them in a way which is subtle and doesn't come across over designed.
















I also noticed on the EBONY website i looked at, when you click search, the rest of the nav bar disappears which it thought was a really nice touch. It looked really good and made searching the centre of attention without any distractions.






I found an interesting website in terms of colour, imagery and text. The images on the home page changed and you there were arrows so I could choose to change the image if i want. I thought this could be an idea for my home page. When clicking on an option in the nav bar the colour changed as it took me to a new page and it highlighted where i was which i liked. When hovering over an option, it would underline which is another nice feature. I like the bold text as well as it is a nice use of heirachy which isnt clear within the current stuff website.










Comments