News Site Research


Week 1 - Preparation for week 2

I have been researching possible ways to improve a news site and i thought this page was very useful.

https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/improve-your-websites-user-experience#sm.0001khf32ytkpfq9qh02c28efi6uh

It discusses things like creating more white space, making links easy to identify, using imagery, making sure everything is consistent etc.

I've also found some examples of news websites that I think work well and look crisp. The navigation seems as if it would be easy and the layout is a lot nicer than stuff.co.nz is at the moment. When it comes to designing I would like to come back to these to generate ideas for my website.






I liked the look of the 'EBONY' website and it gave me some possible ideas in the way of improving the current user journeys on stuff.co.nz, like being able to hover over something in the nav bar and more options pop up. I also like the white space uses and everything is a lot cleaner and easier to read.

When I hovered over 'Entertainment' the option to select 'Music' popped up so I clicked on that and this is what that page looked like.






This is again a lot easier to follow than the stuff website at the moment. I also like how they have the option to look at the 'most viewed' stories.



Comments